Should you favour stories over facts when you take to the podium?
Sure, you will need both as a speaker...
...but here are some case in point thoughts on why giving the nod to stories can boost your ability to truly engage your audiences.
In today's podcast interview, I'm delighted to welcome Oisin Browne, author of the popular book 'The Binman's Guide to Selling', on how storytelling can help your audience to see more value in your ideas and words.
Why Storytelling Can Make Your Ideas More Interesting and Memorable
Listen in as we chat about:
- How you can learn from those who sell in industries other than your own
- Why storytellng matters when you want to promote products or ideas
- The secret to using stories to connect emotionally with any audience
- Why stories must be authentic to carry more weight
- Details versus stories. Which should win out and why?
- Why your motivations must be clear to your audience
- Key lessons you can learn from successful salespeople
- Why focusing on what you do best is a winning strategy
- Three maxims everyone who'd like to persuade should take on board
- And more
Direct download: oisin_browne_master.mp3
-- posted at: 10:19am PST